Today's episode is one of the coolest podcast interviews I've had in a while and the reason why is because it's something that I never really thought mattered. This episode isn't about who you are as a practitioner, what your offering, or the online tech stuff... it's all about your treatment space which is something a lot of us don't put much emphasis in. It's important to remember that when somebody comes into your office, that's where the initial attraction, treatment, and a theraputic relationship begins. During this episode, you'll hear Cheryl unfold just how important having a therapeutic space is.
Cheryl Janis is the principal of Cheryl Janis Designs–a wellness design studio in the San Francisco Bay Area dedicated to helping purpose-driven doctors and wellness professionals achieve the very best healing environments possible. Unlike conventional interior designers, Cheryl uses an integrated holistic and evidence-based approach to design—evaluating the patient experience from the moment they walk through the door until the time they leave, and every step in between.
She is the author of The Color Cure: How to transform your healthcare office, clinic or treatment room into an oasis by choosing the perfect paint and The Waiting Room Cure: The purpose-driven healthcare practitioner’s guide to transforming waiting rooms into nurturing, highly-profitable, referral-generating dynamos.
This week the sponsor is my 7 Day Detox Program. It's a complete done for you program that walks you through everything you need to do to create either an in-office or an online program, depending on where you are and what you do. This program comes with all of the emails, scripts, protocols, and everything I do. I actually do this program with almost every single new patient and out of everything I do in my office, I get the most repeat business with my 7 Day Detox.
Find it HERE
Questions I Asked Cheryl:
- Why is it important for someone to focus on how their clinic looks?
- What would you suggest to someone who doesn't have their own clinic to design yet?
- How does having a desk play into meeting with patients?
- What would you recommend when it comes to lighting in an office?
- How should someone set up a waiting area?
What You'll Learn From This Episode:
- The results Cheryl has seen when her clients work with her to redesign their healing spaces.
- What colors Cheryl suggests using in a treatment room and why.
- The importance of the layout of your treatment area and office.
- Ideas for how to decorate and arrange your healing space.
- How to bring out your personality in your treatment room in waiting room.